Island Beach Rentals LLC ®
Vacation Rental Management Services
We would love the opportunity to market your lovely home as a vacation rental!
We are good at what we do and we have been successfully marketing and managing vacation rentals for 21 years!
Debbie (Deborah D.Sharp ) has resided on the Big Island for 40 years, an active real estate agent since 1981 and a Broker since 1985. She was a long term property manager of 60 rentals in the early years and began vacation rental management in 1995 when she sold “Polynesia” the A frame house on Beach 69. Her clients insisted that she manage their home. She said that she would try it for a year! Well, she LOVED vacation rental management! So it grew from there.
We have a team which oversees all of the day to day operations: repairs, owner communications, property showings, cleanings, check ins, public relations and guest needs. We are on call every day for any emergency. We are constantly working on internet marketing and administrative details which keep the reservations coming in and the business running smooth.
Our Goal – The Aloha Spirit in All Areas of Our Business !
- Happy Guests! (your source of revenue and repeat business)
- Happy Owners!
- Happy Properties – Clean, Comfortable, Well Maintained!
- Professional, Personal, Friendly Service!
- To Provide Superior Management Services that will maximize the income potential of our vacation rental properties.
Experiencing the Aloha Spirit is why our guests spend a good deal of money to vacation in the Islands. There is no place on earth like our beloved Hawaii Nei! We do everything we can to help them have their dream vacation! We want our owners to be equally happy to return to their slice of paradise for the ideal vacation; arriving to a well cared for vacation home.
Reservation and Accounting Systems
Fully computerized reservation accounting. The moment an inquiry is received, they are logged into our system for follow up. All rents, taxes and cleaning fees are itemized and credited to the relevant property.
The owner statements are generated in PDF form and put in your DropBox no later than the 15th of the month for the previous month’s income and expense. Our statements are very detailed and easy to read. (we can send you a sample report)
We pay all the service people from the rents received: cleaners, handyman services, contractors, yard care, etc. Our management fee is 25% of the gross rent before taxes. We prefer that you set your utilities up on your own autopay,
We will take care of any emergency repairs or appliance replacements, after consulting with you and sending photos if necessary.
January 31st, the previous year’s income will be reported in a 1099. Cleaning fees are considered income, but they are an expense, also. We provide a detailed and summarized expense report, to any owner requesting that information. We send a rent report of rents and GE/TAT taxes received to the owner or the owner’s accountant, for the previous month, so that the State of Hawaii GE reports can be filed on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the cleaning fees collected cover my cleaning expenses?
During the slow months, our properties need to be “deep cleaned”, not just “departure cleaned”, so there are additional cleaning expenses: windows, carpets, cupboards, etc.
If I have a local bank account, will your deposit my net rent check? Yes, if it is either First Hawaiian Bank or Bank of Hawaii, which are convenient for us. We will have ACH direct deposits in place very soon.
How do I reserve the property for myself for my family? By either calling Marla at the reservation desk (808-882-7773 or Toll Free 1-888-72ALOHA Marla confirms all owner reservations by email to be sure! Please reserve owner’s time as far as one year in advance.
~ Can I use my home as much as I want? Yes, we have no limit on owner stays!
~ Can I have a special “friends and family rate” to cover expenses? Yes!
~ How do I find out how many future bookings I have? Upon request, We will email you a list.
~ Do you have a Rental Agreement for our guests? Yes, and it was written by an attorney for your protection. We can email you a copy. This is required for confirmation. We have a professional system of reservations and confirmations, which clarify what our expectations are and a security deposit is also required. We also spend time getting to know our potential guests by phone and email, so we can get to know them.
~Are there any additional fees each month, in addition to the management fee? Yes, the merchant service charges 3% for MasterCard and Visa and 3.5% for American Express. We also prorate the cost of home supplies such as: toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, garbage bags and other essentials. The supply fee is $30- 60 per month depending on the size of your home. We also drop ship supplies to the house from Amazon if you have a garage or storage area.
Please give us a call or drop us a line, if you would like more information.
What Our Owner’s Have to Say About Us:
- COMMUNICATION IS CONSISTENT (text, email)
- Exceptionally responsive. I always get an immediate call back or responsive email.
- Diligently attend to everything concerning the house
- The first year has proven to be a resounding success. We are impressed to say the least.
- Their services are a step above the other property managers we interviewed in the area.
- WE ARE PLEASED WITH THEIR PROFESSIONAL, BUT FRIENDLY, HELPFUL PERSONAL CARE WE RECEIVE
- I cannot say enough good things about their services and their staff
- They are extremely efficient, honest and timely. Their financials are spot on and always on time.
- Their responses to issues that may arise at the property are immediate and complete.
- The quality of ADP housekeeping has been superb.
- I like ADPs booking system
- I think that the number of properties that ADP handles has meant more exposure for everyone.
- I like their house rules and policies!
- I read the reviews and guest book…our guests are very happy and keep coming back!